How to prepare the real Italian recipe of Pasta with Tomato sauce, Parmesan and Pecorino Cheese or “Paccheri alla Scarpariello”
Pasta Scarpariello way is a classic recipe of Neapolitan tradition, the basis for this recipe are fresh cherry tomatoes and cheese together to give life to a pasta dish to go mouth-watering just watching it! Paccheri are typical from Gragnano area.
The Origins of pasta “O’Scarpariello”: it takes his name from the Spanish shoemakers neighborhoods of Naples. It was prepared around noon, quickly with the ingredients that they had already in the house and with products that were given away to the shoemaker as payment for their services, such as cheese.
Ingredients for 4 people
- 320 grams of Paccheri Pasta or Maccheroni Pasta or Spaghetti
- 600 grams of fresh Tomatoes
- 1 clove of Garlic
- 4 tablespoons of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 200 grams of grated Parmesan Cheese
- 30 grams of grated Pecorino Cheese
- Chilly as preferred
- 6 leaves of Basil
- Salt as preferred
- Peel the garlic and chop it finely, do the same with the basil. Peel the tomatoes, remove the seeds and slice thinly with a knife.
- Pour the oil in a large high pan, let the garlic and chilly fry, will be ready when browned. Do not burn them! Add the tomatoes and cook on high heat for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Cook the pasta in plenty of boiling salted water, then drain and pour into pan, turn the heat to low heat, stirring constantly, add the Parmesan cheese and Pecorino cheese. Before serving, add the fresh basil.
Posted by Nicoletta and Tiziana