How to prepare the real Auntie Anna’s Italian recipe of “Fusilli Pasta with Pesto of Zucchini”
A good alternative to the classic pesto sauce, this recipe from Tiziana’s auntie Anna, is a simple recipe an easy option for an healthy Sunday lunch with family and friends. This Pesto is made with Zucchini or Courgettes, Basil, Parmesan or Pecorino, Pine Nuts and of course Extra Virgin Olive Oil. A deliciously simple Pesto of Zucchini pasta that is full of fresh flavors, also perfect for a weekday evening meal. Any pasta will taste great with this recipe, so just pick your favorite and enjoy.
Ingredients for 4 people
- 320 grams of Fusilli Pasta
- 300 grams of Zucchini
- 1/2 cloves of garlic
- 50 grams of Pine nuts
- 60 grams of Parmesan Cheese or Pecorino Cheese
- 100 grams of Basil
- 125 grams of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper as you prefer
1. In a pan heat 50 grams of Extra Virgin Olive Oil with garlic until becomes blonde – not burned -then add the zucchini (or courgettes), previously cut round and thin, cover and cook over a medium heat for 15 minutes until are stiffened (if necessary add half glass of water).
2. In the other pan toast the pine nuts, when ready add to the zucchini with parmesan, a pinch of salt and the fresh basil mix well. Fresh basil is an important ingredient not to forget! Put the zucchini mix in a blender with 65 grams of Extra Virgin Olive Oil, mix all together until the sauce is creamy.
3. Cook the Fusilli or Spaghetti Pasta, bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add the pasta to the boiling water and cook for 8 to 10 minute as from instructions and always until al dente. Do not overcook pasta! Drain and mix with the zucchini sauce, serve.
Posted by Nicoletta and Tiziana