How to prepare the real Italian recipe of Fresh Tomato Sauce or “Sugo al Pomodoro Fresco”
The fresh tomato basil sauce is the sauce Mediterranean for excellence. Simple and tasty, even more if done during the period of July-August, when the tomatoes are tasty and fragrant, grown with the sun, and often used to prepare the best red sauce preserved with care for the winter time.
Ingredients for 4 people
- 10 Fresh Tomatoes we like San Marzano
- 4 tablespoons of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 clove of garlic
- Salt and Pepper as you prefer
- 4 leaves of Basil
- In a saucepan, bring to a boil plenty of water, pour the tomatoes and simmer for 3 minutes. Drain the tomatoes, remove the skin and cut them in half. Remove the seeds and the vegetation water, cut into cubes.
- In a saucepan, pour the Extra Virgin Olive Oil and garlic, let the garlic get brown and then add the tomatoes, cook for 10 minutes, season with salt, add pepper and basil leaves before serving. The sauce is ready!
TIP: if you have short time to make a tomato fresh sauce, just wash and cut the tomatoes directly adding them to the pan. Do not boil them before. Start boiling the water when cooking the tomatoes and in ten mins: voila’! A nice, fresh, healthy sauce.
Posted by Nicoletta and Tiziana