How to prepare the real Italian recipe of Boiled Beef Fried Meatballs or Polpette di Bollito Fritte
A great way to recycle “the boiled meat”!!! Did you cook some boiled meat and it is left from yesterday’s dinner? Curious about what to do with it? Here a super tasty Meatballs recipe, fast and delicious, everyone will love it. The fried boiled beef meatballs or “polpette di bollito“ are a popular dish of Italian tradition, especially in “Rome”.
Get this all-star, easy-to-follow Meat Balls recipe!
Ingredients for 12 meatballs
- 500 grams di boiled Beef (Manzo)
- 1/2 grated Lemon Peel
- 100 grams of a soft part of White Bread soaked in milk
- 2 boiled Potatoes
- a pinch of Parsley
- 6 tablespoons of Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 2 Eggs
- Salt, Pepper, Nutmeg as you preferred
- Bread Crumbs as you need
- Oil for Frying
Preparation of Beef Meatballs
- Chop the boiled beef in a blender with a pinch of parsley.
- Move it into a bowl: add the crushed boiled potatoes, the white bread previously soaked in milk, 1/2 grated lemon zest, grated parmesan cheese, nutmeg, and eggs. Mix it well until all ingredients are harmoniously blended.
- With the mixture make some little balls using your hands, in terms of size they should be slightly smaller than golf balls, cover them with breadcrumbs being sure the bread attach well to the surface, pushing well the meatball on the bread, once all ready, and fry them in hot frying oil.
- Serve with difference sauces. Top!
Posted By Nicoletta and Tiziana