How to prepare the real Italian recipe of Lentils or “Lenticchie”
There are different varieties but, in any case, rich in iron and protein. We eat them as a first course, we like a lentils soup with pasta and potatoes, or as a side dish, healthy and tasty. Never miss for New Year’s Evening since the tradition tells that bring health, wealth and lucky.
- 350 grams of Lentils
- 300 grams of “Pancetta” or Bacon or also diced ham for a lighter version
- 1 Onion
- 2 tablespoons of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4 tablespoons of Tomato
- 2 Carrots
- 1 Celery
- 1 Sprig of Rosemary
- 4dl of structured Red Wine
- Salt and Pepper as preferred
- Wash the lentils in cold water, drain. Cut “Pancetta” or Bacon into cubes of about 2cm. Add the olive oil and the diced bacon in the pressure cooker and fry while open, not yet covered.
- Meanwhile, peel the onions and carrots and slice them, clean the celery, removing the leaves and the base of the coast, wash and cut into chunks. Combine the carrots, bacon, onions and celery, including the lentils and the rosemary, sprinkle with red wine and about 4dl of water, add salt to taste. It’s time to close the pot!
- When the valve of the pressure cooker starts to whistle, lower the heat and simmer for about 20 minutes.
- When cooked, lift the valve and let the steam out. Now you can open the pot and pour into a pot to serve. Add a sprinkling of black pepper and Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
Posted by Nicoletta and Tiziana