How to prepare the real Italian recipe of “Romantic Meatballs with Ginger”
Healthy and easy to prepare Meatballs or “Polpette” is a classic delicious Italian recipe for adults and children, but we added a popular Eastern flavor to it: “Ginger”, for a spicy interesting taste. Set these juicy ginger meatballs out on a platter, drizzle with a ginger-spiked sauce of soy and dark brown sugar and serve with toothpicks alongside a nice Italian wine.
Ingredients for n°18/20 Meatballs
- 200 grams of Ground Veal
- 200 grams of Ground Pork
- 200 grams of Ground Beef
- 190 grams of Breadcrumbs
- mix of Herbs as you prefer: Basil, Lemon Verbena, Oregano, Rosemary, Parsley
- 2 glasses of Water
- the juice of 2 Lemons
- grated Ginger and grated Celery as you prefer
- In a pot add the juice of 2 lemons to soak, with 2 glasses of water and the bread for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes add the 3 different kinds of meat, salt and herbs, grated ginger and grated celery, mix all together for 5 minutes.
- Now we will prepare the meatballs! Prepare the Ginger meatballs of approx 10 grams each, making shapes like golf balls with the mixed meat. How? With wet hands shape into small meatballs the size of a golf ball or even smaller. Pass the meatballs on grated breadcrumbs.
- Meantime, take a large pan, and fill it with extra virgin olive oil. Fry the meatballs in this large pan with a little oil until nicely browned. Quickly dip the meatballs one by one and place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Present with lemon or lime cut into slices on a large serving dish. Or serve on top of white rice with soy sauce on the side.
TIP: Alternatively, for a light version, Bake 40 minutes at 160°. Hand grating bread crumbs is the most basic way to get bread crumbs. Grab a metal cheese grater and a large piece of bread with the crust removed, use dried bread (not fresh!).
Posted by Nicoletta and Tiziana