How to prepare the real Italian recipe of Polenta Dumpling with Sausage Ragù Sauce or “Gnocchi di Polenta con il ragù di salsiccia”.
A delicious recipe with Polenta, quite healthy and a good alternative to eat Dumpling or “Gnocchi“. In Italy we eat Gnocchi on Thursday but you can definitely cook them everyday. A great lunch option for all the family! And the sauce is soooo good…
Ingredients for 4 people
- 600 grams of Polenta (already cooked and cold – follow cooking instructions on package)
- 2 Eggs Yolks
- 200 grams of Flour and some extra flour
- 60 grams of grated Parmesan Cheese
- 2 Shallots
- 250 grams of Ground Beef
- 200 grams of Fresh Sausage + 1 Sausage
- 1/2 glass of Red Wine
- 400 ml of Tomato Sauce
- 1 sprig of Rosemary
- 2 tablespoons of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons of Water
- Salt and Pepper as you preferred
- In a pan pour 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, 2 shallots cut into thin slices, 1 sprig of rosemary and 2 tablespoons of water and cook over low heat for 3 minutes.
- Add the sausage, previously peeled and crumbled and 1 sausage cut in 6 parts, then add the ground beef, cook for 5 minutes and verse the red wine, let evaporate.
- Add the tomato sauce, salt, blankets and let cook over low heat for thirty minutes.
- Mash the Polenta with a potato masher two or three times, so as to soften it, pour into a bowl and mash it with your hands to remove any lump. Add the egg yolks, flour and 4 tablespoons of Parmesan cheese, mix well and then form a ball.
- Divide the dough into 8 parts and each obtained from a cord with a diameter of one inch, by rolling it on the floured surface. Cut the cords into pieces of 2-3 cm long and crush gently with the tip of the thumb on the fork.
- Cook the gnocchi, like pasta, in plenty of boiling water, lightly salted. The dumplings will be ready as soon as they surface. Transfer them to a serving platter and serve with the sausage ragù sauce, peaces of cut sausages and the grated Parmesan advanced.
Posted by Nicoletta and Tiziana