How to prepare the real Italian recipe of Veal Rolls with Parma Ham or “Involtini di Vitello al Prosciutto Crudo di Parma”
The veal rolls with parma ham are a tasty main dish, easy and quick to prepare. Ideal for a tasty Italian meal when you do not have much time. It’s a great way to use the leftover ham too. The veal for this should always be of the best quality. Ask the butcher for long slices that each to weigh about 90 g (3 oz), then cut them in two and bash them out even thinner. This dish has a nice woodsy flavor provided by fresh sage.
Ingredients for 4 people
- 500 grams of Slices Veal
- 200 grams of Parma Ham
- 60 grams of Breadcrumbs
- 1 glass of White Wine
- 1 Egg yolk
- Sage leaves for each slice of veal
- 50 grams of Butter
- Vegetable Broth as you need
- Milk as you need
- 3 tablespoons of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper as you prefer
- Put the bread to soak in a little milk. Arrange the slices of meat on cutting board, lined with a sheet of parchment paper, cover with another sheet of paper and beat with a meat-mallet so that they are more subtle.
- Chopped together 100 grams of parma ham and two sage leaves. Squeeze the bread and put it in a bowl, add the chopped parma ham, parmesan cheese, egg yolk, salt and pepper and mix well.
- Spread the filling on the slices of meat rolled to roll, wrap each roll with a slice of parma ham and stop it with a toothpick poking out of each roll a leaf of sage.
- In a frying pan, melt the butter with 3 tablespoons of Extra Virgin Olive Oil, add the roulades and brown for a few minutes, when they are golden-brown add the wine and let evaporate, add salt and pepper as you prefer.
- Add the filling of ham slices, cover and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally the rolls, if the sauce is too dry, wet with vegetable broth. Ready to serve.
Posted by Nicoletta and Tiziana