How to prepare the real Italian recipe of “Chickpeas and Pasta Soup or Pasta e Ceci”
Chickpeas and Pasta soup is a whole Italian dish from the region of Lazio. It’s absolutely delicious, healthy and tasty especially if it accompanied with a good glass of red wine.
Ingredients for 4 people
- 500 grams of Dried Chickpeas
- 300 grams of Ditali Pasta (it’s a kind of Italian pasta perfect for this recipe, as well you can use spaghetti Chopped)
- 3 fillets of Anchovies
- 1 tablespoon of Tomato paste
- 3 sprigs of Rosemary
- 2 Garlic cloves
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt and Black Pepper as you prefer
1. Soak the chickpeas in cold water for 12 hours. Drain and rinse. Pour into a saucepan plenty of water and a sprig of rosemary and let cook for 3 hours. Salted chickpeas just 10 minutes before turning off the fire. In a pan pour 5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil and 2 cloves of crushed garlic , cook for 3 minutes over medium heat , remove the garlic and add anchovies and after 2 minutes, add the tomato paste diluted in a previously glass of warm water , and simmer to reduce the sauce for 3-4 minutes.
2. Add the drained chickpeas (retaining the cooking water), 1 sprig of rosemary and let cook over low heat for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add 3 cups of water from cooking the chickpeas, salt and cook with the lid on low heat for about 1 hour, remembering to add water from cooking the chickpeas as it dries.
3. Deleting the rosemary and mix all together, put on the fire and bring to a boil, add salt, pour the pasta and you switch off the fire. Let stand for 1 hour. When it’s ready serve with a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil and freshly ground black pepper plentiful.
Posted by Nicoletta and Tiziana
The Real Italian Food. Buon Appetito!