How to prepare the real Italian recipe of Raspberry Tiramisù or “Tiramisù ai Lamponi”
A delicious alternative to the classic Tiramisù made with coffee, Italian dessert par excellence. Perfect dessert for St. Valentine’s night. Quick and simple to make. A twist on an Italian favorite. Ladyfingers are layered in a dish with raspberries and mascarpone filling.
Ingredients for 6 people
- 3 Eggs
- 80 grams of White Sugar
- 300 grams of mascarpone Italian Cheese
- 400 grams of Savoiardi Biscuits or Ladyfinger like Italian authentic Savoiardi Vicenzi for example
- 400 grams of “Lamponi” Raspberries better if fresh
- 2 tablespoons of White Sugar
- Half glass of Water
- 1 shot glasses of Grand Marnier (optional)
- Cocoa Powder for dusting like Perugina Italian Cocoa Unsweetened
1. The first thing you need to do to prepare the Raspberry Tiramisu’ is to thoroughly wash these sweet wonderful red fruits under running water. Then let the raspberries dry gently on a cloth. Set aside a few raspberries for the final decoration, then put in a bowl the fresh raspberries with 2 tablespoons of sugar and half glass of water and let it rest for 6 hours after that whisk half part of raspberries with the juice obtained.
2. In a bowl beat the egg yolks with the sugar until the mixture becomes foamy and light. Add mascarpone and one shot-size glass of Grand Marnier or other liquor. In another bowl, preferably high, mount the egg whites until stiff and gently fold the egg whites, from top to the bottom, into the mascarpone mixture, very gently, add the other half of raspberries left to the mix.
3. Cover the bottom of a ceramic dish (you can also use small bowls for mono-portions) with 3 tablespoons of mascarpone sauce, wet the biscuits into the raspberry sauce quickly, add into the glass dish as a one layer at the bottom and cover the first layer of biscuits with one-third of the mascarpone mixture. Repeat layers 2 times, ending with the cream. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Before serving, dust generously with cocoa powder and fresh raspberries. Wonderful.
Posted by Nicoletta and Tiziana