How to prepare the real Italian recipe of Prunes and Parma Ham Rolls or “Involtini di Prugne con Prosciutto di Parma”
A quick and easy creative appetizer with a classic taste great for a dinner with friends. Perhaps they are lacking prunes or dried plums in their diet! Those little bites, marvelous canapés, can be prepared in advance, giving you one less thing to worry about on the day of your special event. Relax and have fun!
Ingredients for 6 people
- 24 pitted Prunes
- 8/10 slices of Parma Ham thinly
- fresh Mint leaves or Rosemary “Rosmarino”
- (Goat’s cheese in add for the filling if you wish)
- Let the prunes soak in water for 15 mins., then drain them and let them dry. On each plum wrap half a slice of parma ham and close it with a toothpick.
- Cover the baking tray with aluminum foil and place the rolls, let them cook for ten minutes at 180-200 ° C. Until the parma ham becomes crispy.
TIP: add some goats cheese as filling inside the Prunes for a melting creamy variation. Yummy.
Posted by Nicoletta and Tiziana